“What should I get my mother for mother’s day?” “What should I buy mum that she will actually like?” and “Unique gifts for mother’s day 2019” are all sitting in my recent search history.
My mother is notoriously hard to get gifts for- Jewelry makes her skin break out, she hates bouquets & can’t keep live plants living.
She doesn’t like chocolate, massages or anything found on the lists of ‘Gifts Your Mother Will Love’ and she most definitely lives too far away to whisk away for brunch.
While pondering all of this, I remembered that my local float centre sells gift certificates, andddd BOOM my problem was solved.
Giving a hard working mother the gift of relaxation seems so obvious that I’m not sure how anyone will be unwrapping anything else on May 12th. If you’re still on the fence about what to get the mothers in your life, allow me to share my reasoning:
1. Moms work HARD & rarely get enough time to themselves (driving to pick up the kiddos does NOT count). An hour of sweet, blissful silence is probably pretty rare in her life.
2. Everyone is affected by stress & mothers often take on everyone else’s. Float tanks are well known for helping to reduce stress & anxiety. Some people report feeling more relaxed for days following their float session.
3. Pregnancy can mean a bit more weight and a whole lot less comfort. Floating is a great way for pregnant ladies to take some of that pressure off their bodies.
(For the record, my mother is not pregnant, but my bestie is, so she’s getting a mother’s day float too!)
4. Mothers tend to get busy taking care of other people, instead of themselves. Taking the time out to relax in a float tank is about so much more than that hour – it’s about making themselves a priority for a brief (and wonderful) moment in time.
5. Cheeky on my behalf, but this incredibly thoughtful gift is also super easy to sort out. Skip the shopping mall and have mom’s gift sorted in the time it takes for a website to load?! I’m all in.
Float One of the most unique gifts you can give someone is the gift of nothing! We’re serious. You can give your loved one the joy of experiencing nothingness in the form of weightlessness and silence inside a floatation tank, designed to alleviate stress, boost creativity, release muscle tension and simply improve their wellbeing. You […]Read more
I walked into my very first float with a lot of expectations. I was excited and a bit apprehensive, I had devoured every bit of information available on the world wide web. I had crawled YouTube & Facebook and spent many minutes googling things like: “What is Floating?” “Why is floating good for me?” and […]Read more
In the search for sleep, insomniac Rebecca Isemonger entered the tank for three sessions at Float Culture. The benefits she discovered, however, were much more than just catching a couple of z’s. There may be a rover on Mars, but scientists still don’t know why we sleep. Whether for the purpose of information consolidation, cellular […]Read more